Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Behinder I Was, The Further I Went

Finished Week 2 of Novel In Less Than One Year (NILTOY) yesterday with the week's word count at 2,810. Rut-roh. The weekly goal was 3,500, so I was 690 words short. With the big shiny "L" on my forehead, I posted the week's results.

But then they told me that the weekly goal is only 2,500 words, not 3,500. It's 500 words a day, but only five days a week, not seven, so I was 310 words ahead! Dig me and all my verbage!

I finished reading No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty, founder of NaNoWriMo. They write a novel in 30 days. Okay. Those people? Nuts (and I oughta know). :)

Today I'm starting Al Franken's new one, The Truth, with Jokes, a Christmas gift from my in-laws.

Let's see, if I carry over the extra 310 words to this week, then I'll only have to write 2,190 between now and next Saturday ...