Thursday, January 10, 2008

Oh Henry



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
UPDATE:
"Henry" doesn't have a micro-chip. I left notes at three area vets' offices, and registered with the local Lost Pets people. Also drove around some more looking for lost-pet signs. Nada.

In the meantime, Scruffybutt is a bit peeved. This is her in her Christmas sweater (yes, I know; I need help.)


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A neighbor found this puppy, but he can't keep him because his landlord won't allow it. He said this puppy looks like a "Henry," so that's what we've been calling it, and that's what the little guy answers to. So now I have this puppy and I need to find a home for it.

The closing on our house is in two weeks and we will be moving into an apartment with our own dog and two cats sometime during the 30 days following closing.

Henry is adorable. I don't know how old he is. He's past the puppy-breath stage (don't you love puppy breath?), but he still pees like a girl and chews everything he can find. He is not neutered. He's full of energy and is cute as hell. He doesn't seem to understand that chasing our cats is not cool. We had to confine the cats to a room upstairs. We will be on their shit list for a long time to come.

I've been driving around the 'hood looking for "lost puppy" signs. Henry has no collar, but that is typical for this neighborhood. Sigh. I need to find someone for him who will keep him as an indoor pet, not left or chained up outside all day.

I need to go to the vets' offices around here now and post notices and look for more "lost puppy" signs. Wish me luck!