Saturday, December 09, 2006

It's Been a Frustrating Few Days

First, I was sick with some sort of 72-hour bug, and then when I did feel like logging on, I discovered that I couldn't make comments on anyone's blog, not even my own. Not only that, I could only log on to Blogger from my laptop, so if I was going to post something to my blog, I would have had to get out of bed and go downstairs to do it. Why not bring the laptop up to bed? It's portable, right? Well frankly, I didn't think of that until Friday, when it was finally safe to drink coffee. The synapses in my brain won't fire without caffeine, okay?

I've just spent an hour or so catching up on everyone's blogs. You guys are fascinating! There are so many blogworthy things going on in this world. I love it.

I'm about a week behind on Christmas stuff, so on Friday I went shopping in my PJs, in bed, with my laptop. Surf, point, click, done. I even muttered a couple of fa-la-la-la-las.

Today we put up the artificial tree we bought, a 9' majestic fir, hinged, prelit, with pinecones attached. It even came with a stand. Sent Tomcat to pick it up last Monday while I was in bed recovering from a yucky medical procedure, he set it up today while I sipped some wine. Surf, point, click, done. Fa-la-la-la-la. No more going out in the freezing cold to choose a tree, bringing it home, getting needles all over the place, trying to get the tree in the stand, putting the lights on, remembering to water the tree...

I hear there's even a Christmas tree spray scent. I'll just Google that right now! Fa-la-la-la-la.

Yes, I'm definitely getting into the Christmas spirit.