Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Catch-All

Scruffybutt and our cat, Katy, are going to become friends, I'm sure of it. We moved the old sofa upstairs to make room for a new one, and Katy promptly took it over. While she was curled up on one end of the sofa, I sat on the middle seat with Scruffybutt in my arms. Then I put SB on the other side and petted both little sweeties at the same time. Soon, SB curled up and Katy purred. Awwww. I got up quietly and took this picture seconds before they both jumped off and went their separate, furry ways.

***
Yesterday I had plans with Pooks, Grace, and a couple of other Anglophiles I hadn't met yet to see the Queen. But yesterday it was in the low 20s and we had ice on the roads, which was later dusted with snow. That's because for the preceding two days, when we originally wanted to go but couldn't because of various conflicts, the weather was clear and in the upper 70s.

***
Tomcat and I went to see Dallas Opera's dress rehearsal of The Barber of Seville. What a hoot! Count Almaviva demonstrated his willingness to fight by adopting the Crane pose from The Karate Kid. At first we thought that was a little over the top, but then hey, why not? It's a comedy. Thanks to Grace's hubster for the tickets.

***
Speaking of Tomcat, have you noticed that Tom Cruise and what's-her-name have stolen that catchy name, no doubt from this very blog? It's TomKat this and TomKat that. Oh sure, they spell it with a "K," thinking that would make it legit somehow (sort of like getting married after the birth of their child.) I'm suing.