Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sayin It

Here's a long overdue response to a meme I was tagged with by Cynthia over at Coyote Underground (with apologies for lateness!). Cynthia came up with this one herself, which is based on a character she created who always came bursting into a scene saying exactly what was on her mind, without self-censorship.

Q. What would you say, that you would ordinarily NEVER say, but if you knew you could get away with it, what would you say? And to whom.

A. "The closer you get, the slower you go, you fucking nitwit." (To tailgaters.)

If I'm in the fast lane, I'll move out of the way, which is what you're supposed to do, anyway. But if I'm in the middle or the slow lane, and I'm going WITH the flow of traffic, then get off my ass already! But I would never say that, or give them the finger, for fear of being the victim of road rage. Instead, I gradually slow down while muttering the above, and counting the seconds to see how long it takes for that to sink into the nitwit's brain. (Oh, how passive aggressive of me!)