Tuesday, March 28, 2006

All Dressed Up



This is the company, SF Bags, that made the custom sleevecase for my laptop, Harriett. Shown here is the basic sleevecase:



Image hosting by Photobucket



And here it is with the optional flap and shoulder strap (I chose the suspensor shoulder strap because it distributes the weight more evenly):





I chose the vertical orientation, rather than this horizontal one. Both come with a pouch on the other side. Another option is a piggy-back case for the cord.



The best thing is that you just tell them what kind of laptop you have, and the sleevecase will match its dimensions exactly!



I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many laptop-carrier-thingies I've bought for Harriett, but none of them is as kewl as this one!



Only thing is, Harriett wasn't so sure about it at first. No, really. I put her in her new, custom-made case with the s-o-f-t, luxurious interior. It fit her like a well-made little black dress should. Then later, when I took her back out and turned her on, she just froze! I kept calling to her, "Harriett, it's alright! Were you afraid of the dark place? Mommy's sorry, she should have warned you first. Come on, Harriett. It's going to be okay. Really." Well, after a little more coaxing, she recovered and started working again, and now she has no problem at all with her case.



In fact, I don't think she'd even look at another sleevecase now!