Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hello Again

I really appreciate the emails and comments I've received during my absence from the blogosphere! You guys look great - did you change your hair?


In our last episode, this blogger was going to do some extensive revisions on her Japanese historical novel and start the hunt for an agent. The revisions are done and I'm now on the query-go-round. One agent asked to see the full MS, so that's very exciting. After a month, I got an email from her assistant saying that they "are in the process of reviewing" my MS, and to let her know if I had any questions. That was two weeks ago. Seems like forever. Waiting to hear something, anything, is nerve-wracking. The pros say to go on to the next project. I've tried, unsuccessfully.

One thing I did was sign up for this year's NaNoWriMo. I have no idea what I'm going to write, but I figure anything that will make me put butt to chair every day for a month is good. 
**********************
Sad news. My darling little terrier mix, Scruffybutt, died in her 14th year on August 4th. 




I miss her so much.

We also just lost a kitten that we had for about a month. He was adorable. Named Spot, or sometimes Spoticus. (Look closely for the little dark spot on his forehead.) He had a terrible disease called FIP. It's fatal and very quick. He was just six months old, so he never got a chance to grow up. Poor little guy. We miss him.




I hope to get around to visiting everyone's blogs. I know it's impossible to catch up with everything, but I'm looking forward to being back in touch with you. Rock on.

Oh, and -




GO COWBOYS!