Friday, February 17, 2006

It's All About Me

I swiped this from Garnie. It's called a Johari* window, or grid. I've selected a few words from the grid which I think describe me. Now, I'm asking you to select five or six words that YOU think describe me.

You can click here to see the grid. Click on the words you want to select for me.

Then, at the bottom, enter YOUR name so that I'll know who picked what (or, I guess you could enter "Anonymous" if you'd prefer.) The responses I get will be compared to my own list of words.

After you have entered the words you've selected for me, you'll get a screen where you can see my own list. You'll also see the words that other people have selected, but not their names.


THEN, you'll get to do your OWN grid if you want, and then it will be All About You!

----------------------------
* From Wikipedia:

A Johari window is a metaphorical tool intended to help people better understand their interpersonal communication and relationships. It is used primarily in self-help groups and corporate settings as a heuristic device to encourage people to open up to another in self-disclosure. The concept was invented by Joseph Luft and Harrington Ingram, who combined their first names to create the name of the tool.

----------------------------
Heuristic is the art and science of discovery and invention.

Some commonplace heuristics, all from How to Solve It:

If you are having difficulty understanding a problem, try drawing a picture.

If you can't find a solution, try assuming that you have a solution and seeing what you can derive from that ("working backward").

If the problem is abstract, try examining a concrete example.

Try solving a more general problem first (the "inventor's paradox": the more ambitious plan may have more chances of success).

------------------------------
Thanks!!
--Candace a/k/a Chenoah