Thursday, November 16, 2006

What Was She Thinking? And Other Stuff

Nancy Pelosi wanted Sen. Murtha as Majority Leader. Wha - ??? This, after putting such emphasis on ethics reform, which Murtha opposes, and knowing that there were clouds in his past. I'm impressed that the Dems refused to elect him. This is healthy, and should send her the right message. I'm just disappointed that she started out this badly.

***
Emmitt Won! Mario Lopez is a fantastic dancer, and will probably have a stunning career on Broadway if he wants it. But Emmitt is has a special place in my heart, and not just because he's a former Dallas Cowboy and the greatest running back of all time. He's a fine human being, a wonderful father, and as we can now see, a phenomenal dancer. To top it all off, he has sex appeal. As one fan of the show recently put it, he has a smile that makes your panties fall off. :)

***
We had a very fine writers' group meeting yesterday. We now have two new members, and are expecting a third by the end of the year. That will bring us to six total, which should be about right for us. It feels like a good group. These people are grownups who are focused on the writing and how to make it better.

***
I got all my Thanksgiving recipes together today so I can make out my grocery list. Since moving to Maxwell House this summer, I now have three full kitchens, two downstairs and one upstairs. Well, I shouldn't say "full kitchens," exactly, because I don't have garbage disposals or dishwashers, and won't until we upgrade the electrical system. I'm looking forward to cooking this year and finally having room for a big ole dining table.

***
It sucks that we won't get to see Lost again until January. Tomcat and I decided to eschew the new series they've put into the time slot. That'll teach them. Seriously, have you ever seen so much hype over a new show? I got so sick of seeing the trailers for it; they ran it into the ground before the first episode aired.