Friday, May 26, 2006

One More Chance?

Out of the blue, we have another "buyer" for Maxwell House. He's thinking it over after seeing the place today. Like most of the others, he's an investor and it would be a cash deal. Said he'll let us know on Tuesday if he's interested at our price, in which case he'll get contractors' bids of his own.

Could it be, now that I've given up going to North Carolina for the next couple of years, now that I've taken the house off the market (after a YEAR), now that the tenants will be moving out by next Wednesday, now that I'm up to my elbows in paint chips, now that I'm putting in flower beds over there, now that I've got a new dining table, chairs and hutch being delivered next Thursday, and now that I'm starting to look forward to moving into Maxwell House in a couple of weeks, could it be that NOW someone will really, actually, BUY it?! Not back out at the last minute like the previous FIVE "buyers" did?

Nah.