Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cliffhangers


Good grief, are we finally done with the season finales ? I'm not sure how much more I could take. Whew!

Did you have a favorite? Mine was 24.

The series is the best drama for a reason. This season we were treated to Jean Smart's piognant First Lady, and Gregory Itzin's portrayal of President Logan was superb. They are both fine actors, but their characters were first drawn by 24's amazing writers.

I just can't watch a show, or read a book, with one-dimensional characters. Nor could I slog through a show or book with a weak plot. 24's writers have character and plot development down. Why else would people watch all 24 episodes every single season?

This season's cliffhanger: Jack Bauer has been Shanghaied. Literally. I can hardly wait to see how the writers get him out of this.