Saturday, September 16, 2006

Survivor 13


I don't know about you, but after watching the first episode of Survivor 13: Cook Islands, my money's on the Puka tribe. Yes, I know they came in second in the immunity challenge, but I think in the long term they're going to pull this thing off. They work very well together, and they have something the other three tribes do not have: Cowboy.

He is Anh-Tuan "Cao Boi" Bui, nicknamed Cowboy, a Vietnamese refugee, who is one of the most interesting and entertaining personalities that's ever been on Survivor, second only (IMO) to Rupert on Survivor 7. Cowboy is not what you'd expect to see on the Asian-American tribe. He's like a flower child from the 60s. He's all peace and love, man. When one of his teammates had a headache, Cowboy used accupressure and the guy's headache went away.

My only worry is that he'll be voted off before he wins over the rest of his tribe. They are much younger people and they're not too sure how to take this hippie throwback. If Puka can keep from having to go to Tribal Council for a few weeks, I think Cowboy has a great chance of making it to the final four. If he doesn't, it won't be for lack of trying. As he himself said, "I survived the Vietnam War. I can survive this."