Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Plans go awry, and so do I

The people who were supposed to rip out the cat-pee and flea-infested carpet never showed up.

The painter gave me an outrageous estimate to paint two apartments.

The locksmith had a death in the family. I'm sorry that happened, but no one called to tell me that. I called after an hour had passed, and then they sent another locksmith out. But the other locksmith couldn't come until after Noon, by which time I had hoped to be on the way to the grocery store and then home.

I was achy and tired and I needed my blankie. No, seriously - Tomcat bought a warming blanket for my legs - it's the best thing for aches.

I took yesterday off. Just could not deal with another thing having to do with the house. It's not the things; it's me. I don't handle stress very well any more. As my regular readers know, it was only six months ago that I was in the hospital.

Today is my writers' group, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'll be back at it tomorrow. Need to find someone to remove the carpet, get more painting estimates, and oh, about a zillion other things that need to be done before we can move. OMG, move?!

Okay. Baby steps. :)

Well, I'm off.

But only a little.

Love to all.